Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to reality

Whew....what a crazy couple of weeks I have had. So sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I went to Vegas for a few days, came home then my daughter came to visit....my granddaughter stayed for a few days (and nights).....ok enough with the excuses!!



Had a great time in Vegas and even won some money....woo hoo!!! I love the penny slots....my husband just cannot believe how I can win money on them (sometimes!). I won over $500.00 the first night and hit a $1,000.00 jackpot the next night. It was awesome...paid for my trip and then some....yippee!!!



When I got home I got to buy the camera I have been dreaming of......the Nikon d80. So far I love it....but haven't been able to completely read thru the manual yet.......I haven't been able to figure out how I got pictures like this picture of Layne with owl eyes....does anyone have any ideas??





But I have taken some awesome pictures like these pictures of flowers in my yard....which are straight out of the camera.....awesome. I love it, but have alot to learn about it.

Over the weekend my granddaughter Allie broke her arm.....poor baby is in a temporary cast and will see the doctor tomorrow to see if they want to put her in a hard cast. She is taking it pretty well for now, but next weekend we are visiting family and she was looking forward to swimming with her cousins.....hopefully the doctor can give her a waterproof cast. Darn kids!

Well I don't have room for a recipe today, but I promise one tomorrow. I have alot of catching up to do.

And if anyone is reading out there.......let me know (is there an echo in here??)

No comments: