Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Flowers and Food, what could be better??





Thank you.....I had some responses on my pet posting yesterday. So glad that someone is reading it. I recently read a saying -- I can only hope to be the kind of person that my pet thinks I am. (I am not sure who it came from...or if I quoted it exactly) But isn't that the truth. I love it!

Ok so...like I said the other day I got a new camera and I love it so far....haven't quite figured it out...but I love it nonetheless (is that one word??)
I love flowers. I think my true love of flowers came from my Mother in Law, Donna...whose yard looked like a park every year. She could make anything grow and there are still plants in her yard that are like 50 years old and still living....to me that is amazing. I can't imagine keeping anything for that long, even a plant.... But here are some pictures...let me know what you think.






These are from my yard....I think they turned out pretty good. BTW...these are straight out of the camera no editing, no photoshop, nothing..




Ok, now for some food......

First, do any one's tomatoes look like this??? This is the only one we have that is starting to turn red. We have quite a few green ones.....but nothing ripe yet.....darn it...luckily this recipe doesn't need 'em.Today's recipe is.......Chinese Chicken Salad


2 c. cooked chicken, shredded (don't cook-use a rotisserie chicken from the store)


1 head cabbage


1 bunch of green onions


1/2 c. sliced almonds


2 package Top Ramen (any flavor will do)


3 T. butter


1/4 c. chopped cilantro


Chop the cabbage,thinly slice the green onions, and rough chop the cilantro - combine in bowl and set aside. In a small skillet, melt the butter, take the noodles and throw away the seasoning pack (or if you are the thrifty type save it for something else....) smash the noodles and add to the melted butter along with the almonds. Cook until brown then set aside. Prepare the dressing.


Dressing:


3/4 c. vegetable oil


4 1/2 T. seasoned rice vinegar


4 1/2 T sugar


2 T. soy sauce


2 T. sesame seed oil


Salt and Pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients really well. Pour over the cabbage mixture, add the noodles and chicken, toss well.


One last thing.....I found this on another blog, click the link below....it is amazing....enjoy!
http://www.slide.com/r/aDT5KuKX7D-n8nq8PWLk0R5lGccCQS9k?current_view=TICKER&previous_view=TICKER_MENU_SHARE&previous_action=SHARE&cid=576460752328128176

3 comments:

Lisa said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing that YUMMMM recipe! I need all the salmon tips and recipes I can get!

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That recipe looks delicious! I can't wait to try it!! Thanks for taking the time to post it!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Fish Mamma: You certainly have beautiful flowers growing in CA. I do hope you get out fishing soon but a family can deter fishing trips.