Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!

As a kid growing up during the 60's and 70's, I adored the Brady Bunch and in particular Marcia Brady. Like so many other girls...I wanted to look like her and dress like her. But I particularly wanted her hair...smooth, straight, parted in the middle..long flowing hair. But I was born with curly hair that I could never get past my shoulder. And her clothes...we all wanted to dress just like her. Bold colors, stripes..the perfect bell bottoms, go go boots...she was adorable. And who didn't want to secretly live in the Brady house. You have Alice who had cookies waiting for you when you came home from school...three cute brothers...a bedroom that you lovingly share with your two sisters that looked like a princess castle. And their parents....geez, they just talked things out...never raised a hand to their kids, never made them get up and change the tv channel (heck, I thought our parents had us just to change the tv, before the birth of a remote), never yelled at them for grades....
But this week...once again....another idol bites the dust...or snorts the dust in her case. Marcia (real name Maureen, but will always be Marcia in my book) has decided to tell all in a new book...including drug abuse, sex capades....blah, blah, blah.....Did you really have to come clean and tell all? Doesn't anyone keep their skeletons in the closet anymore?
Darn....there goes my number one hair idol.


Don't forget to enter my contest on yesterday's post...tomorrow night we will pick a winner..before the random number picker goes to sleep.

4 comments:

The Hunter's Wife said...

I loved the Brady Bunch and I agree do they really have to write a "tell all".

Anonymous said...

No they don't, especially if there is money involved.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Money is the root of all evil! That includes tell all books!

Unknown said...

That whole brady bunch turned out to be so bad...or different from what we imagined.