Thursday, October 23, 2008


Wow!! I won another award from my friend Lorie at rice, beans and other fine things (this is where I should link her blog....but I can't figure out how to do that...sorry Lorie) her blog is one of the first that I discovered when I entered the blogging world and I have always admired her writing skills, recipes and photography. Thank you Lorie!!
So now I get to talk about me which I always feel really uncomfortable about...so I will try to not embarrass myself or other family members. So here we go....

Seven things I did before...

1. I used to be a licensed hairdresser for a couple of years...and quit when I had my oldest daughter (who will soon be 28...yikes!)
2. I used to work at a flight training school.

3. I used to work for a medical doctor who believed that he could cure arthritis with cocaine. I think he might have eventually lost his license.

4. I sold photo packages on the phone for Olin Mills.

5. I used to work for a County Recorders officer processing birth and death certificates.

6. I worked as a maid for a large Hotel when I met my husband.

7. And most recently I was the manager for a title and escrow company for 24 years, and was laid off when the real estate market here sank...and my office was closed.

Seven things I do now...

1. Please don't hate me..but I listen to Howard Stern on the radio every day. Of course he is shocking, if it gets too bad I change it....but I love that he is outspoken and he does great celebrity interviews.

2. I adore my grandchildren. They are the greatest little human beings, they are hilarious and they have the best manners better than most adults.

3. I talk to my daughters every single day...several times a day. I can honestly say that they both are my best friends. We do everything together.

4. I cook everyday and love it. I sometimes wish I had more people to cook for, it's kinda boring just cooking for 2 (that's why I love the holidays!).

5. I start alot of projects, but have problems finishing them. there still just aren't enough hours in the day.

6. I don't sleep much...typically 5-6 hours a night. I am a night owl by nature and you will find that most of the posts on my blog are at night. But as a creature of habit, I am typically out of bed by 7.

7. I never turn on the tv during the day. It only comes on at night after the hubby gets home...and at 8:00 he automatically hands the remote to me.

Seven things I would like to do...

1. Learn to paint. I had hoped to take some classes when I had some free time...but so far haven't been able to work it into my "busy" schedule.

2. Sew more...I have never been much of a seamstress, but would like to maybe sew some doll clothes for my granddaughter or a sock monkey or two.

3. Find a way to make money, yet stay home and like...not really work.

4. Be a better photographer and figure out how to use Photoshop Elements.

5. Be motivated to lose weight....but deep inside I think there is nothing wrong with being fat and happy.

6. Be better organized. I am afraid that if (heaven forbid) something happened to my husband and I, and my daughters had to go thru our belongings....there would be a whole lotta cussing going on.

7. Learn how to crochet and knit. I kinda have the crochet thing down a little...but can't follow a pattern. And I have bought many books and even a dvd on how to knit...but still can't figure it out.

Seven things that attracted me to the opposite sex/my husband...

1. His good looks....after 30 years the man still takes my breath away.

2. His close relationship with his family, especially his mom.

3. He is all man....he is stronger than anyone I know. He loves to hunt and fish and when he works in the dirt....he used to make his tractor look sexy ~

4. He is not afraid to show his emotions.

5. I know that he loves me just as much as I love him.

6. He loves to surprise me with a bouquet of flowers nearly every Sunday morning. And he buys the absolutely best cards for my birthday, anniversary and valentines day. He really puts alot of thought into it and he never forgets a holiday.

7. He's a great father and an awesome Grandfather.

Seven favorite foods...

1. Pasta, Pasta, Pasta.

2. Pies or anything pie-like...i.e. cobblers, fruit tarts...etc.

3. Sushi...yum, my favorite dinner out

4. Seafood of any kind...kinda goes with #3 I guess.

5. Cakes and cookies.

6. Polenta...one of my favorite side dishes.

7. Ice Cream....but I am a snob about it...must be good quality (in other words most fattening) like Ben and Jerry's or Hagen Das

Seven things I say most often...

1. Will you dogs knock it off (they fight like kids).

2. I need to turn my computer off and get some stuff done.

3. I hope I don't see anyone I know...I don't have any makeup on.

4. Please don't ask me what I did today.

5. Do I really have to go back to work eventually?

6. What the heck did I walk in this room for?

7. Now I know I saw that somewhere.....where did I put it?

Now I am supposed to tag seven people. But this is always the hard part for me. First, I am fairly new to blogging and probably only have about 7 followers. Second, it is kinda like picking your favorite child....I just can't do it!!!!
So here is what I am gonna do...you are all winners to me....I want everyone that reads my blog to pick this award up...take it, grab it...it's yours. You deserve it!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You cook every day? I've made a note of that in case I'm ever in your neck of the woods, because I'm always hungry.

Your husband sounds like a dream, and so do your girls.

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up at the cocaine doc..I'm pretty sure you could take enough cocaine to make you forget you have arthritis.

Anonymous said...

lol MOM i didnt know about some of your jobs! the doc is hilarious. what you said about dad so cute yet so true. pretty incredible:) your not so bad your self:) love you. see you in ten hours MUAH

lanelle17 said...

Dad on a tractor = Ashton Kutcher on a tractor...

brneyedgal967 said...

I like you! You sound kinda like me and well, I like people like me. And your name is Tammy - so is mine!

So nice to meet you, Tammy! Now I'll have to read your other posts and add you to my blog roll!